Thursday 27 July 2017

How I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks easily


I was never a skinny chick. I always had curves in all the right places. My size was what we Caribbean people would call slim thick. However over the years and especially after making my children I notice my weight was only increasing.  For your information I am the proud mother of two beautiful girls, a 16 and 3 year old. After my first daughter was born my body and weight went back to the way it was prior to my pregnancy. I didn't have to exercise or diet that what happens when you have youth on your side. Oh yes you know it I was pretty young back then. The story of my pregnancy with my last daughter is completely different.  Somehow when you have kids at an older age the weight seems to take longer to go away and if that is not enough from age thirty Mother Nature starts to adds weight to your body every year for no damn reason.
I realize my weight was becoming a cause for concern when I had to basically replace my entire closet with all bigger sizes. All my adult life I wore size medium and at my heaviest I had gone up about 3 sizes that was my turning point.  So I got up and did something about it.

This is what I did

  1. I started drinking coconut oil
  2. I changed my diet
  3. I starting exercising
  4. I started drinking more water
  5. And last but not least I downloaded a calorie counter app.

I lost on average 3.75 lbs per week with these new lifestyle changes.


1.      How I used Coconut oil to aide in my weight loss journey
I had 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning and 1 tablespoon in the evening and I repeated this 3 days for the week

2.      My Diet
I cut back on sugar, flour, rice, I completely stop drinking carbonated beverages, I mainly drank water and ever so often I would have some juice. Also three to four days of the week I had a salad instead of my regular lunch.

What I ate on typical day in which I would replace my regular lunch for a salad
Breakfast- Greek yogurt and granola
Snack-apple
Lunch- Salad, grilled chicken and a serving of low calorie Italian salad dressing
Snack – A handful of dried cranberries mixed with nuts
Dinner- 2 slices of toast, serving of tuna and a cup of green tea

A typical non salad eating day
Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of green tea
Snack- 1 grapefruit
Lunch- pan seared chicken, boiled sweet potatoes, black beans and steamed broccoli and carrots
Snack- protein bar
Dinner- 2 slices of toast, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 cup green tea


3.      My exercise routine
I did not join the gym instead I worked out at home. I would ensure I achieve my 10,000 steps and more per day especially on those days allocated as my day for exercise. I took brisk walks in the park to accomplish this also I would work out using exercise videos from online. I used videos from this one particular couple-. I found their workout routine were intense exactly what I needed for fat burning. The videos were also well structured and they generally seemed to know what they are doing.


4.      How water helped me achieve my weight loss goal
After eating my meals I would drink one glass of water especially if I was still feeling hungry, this glass of water made me feel full which resulted in me not overeating.

Also substituting my sugar sweetened beverages for water helped me to keep the weight off since I was consuming less calories as water contain zero calories.
I know plain old water can become boring, therefore you can do flavor your water with fresh fruits like strawberries, oranges etc if you would like to rev it up a little.
I drank on average 2 liters of water per day.

5.      Calorie counter App
This was used to ensure that I was getting just the right amount of calories and exercise in order for me to lose weight.
The app that I used was pretty decent. If you would like to know a little about it, just leave a comment down below.


As with all dieting or weight loss program sometimes you get stuck in a weight loss plateau and even if you eat less and exercise like a beast you still don’t lose any weight.  Along my journey I found myself there a couple of times, so I enquired on how to fix this and that when I came across this pill call XENICAL. To me this is the holy grail of diet pills.

You might be asking what is Xenical??

Xenical (orlistat) is a drug designed to treat obesity. 

How it works

Xenical (orlistat) blocks some of the fat that you eat, keeping it from being absorbed by your body. Xenical is used to aid in weight loss, or to help reduce the risk of regaining weight already lost. This medicine must be used together with a reduced-calorie diet.


F.Y.I: I used this pill only when I was experiencing a weight loss plateau and it worked like magic for me. I would take three pills per day.  After each meal I took a pill providing that meal only contained 30 % or less fat.  If my meal had no fats I would not take the pill. I lost an average 2-3 lbs in three days from using this pill and was able to get back on track to my regular weight loss program.
 If you would like to use Zenical to help you bounce back from a weight loss plateau or if you would like just to try Xenical. Then click the link below


Please remember that it’s recommended to seek your doctor’s advice before starting any dieting or exercising program.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday food items that can kill you

https://youtu.be/bkJ5S19TB_U